I got the finger twice this morning, which means I nailed the workout. It warms the cockles of my heart to be told to ‘fuck off’ multiple times before 7am. And then of course, when the workout is over, the Suffer Clubbers say ‘thank you’ and go home.
What we have today is a Here and There workout. You do one thing from the Here list, then run (we went up a set of stairs and across a field) to There, where you do one thing from the There list. There should be a good distance between Here and There. Include obstacles if you can.
Complicating matters, the Here exercises are all compounded, which means you interrupt the first exercise to do some of the second. For example, the first exercise is 20 Body Rows, with 5 Crab Taps every 5 Rows. That means you do 5 Body Rows, then 5 Crab Taps, then 5 Body Rows, then 5 Crab Taps, until you’ve done 20 of each. They aren’t all symmetrical like this, but you get the idea.
- 20 Body Rows, with 5 Crab Taps every 5 Rows
- 5 Wall Climbs (our wall is waist height), with 5 Push Ups after each 1
- 20 Triceps Dips, with 5 Jumping Jacks after every 5
- 20 Swing Tucks, with 5 Squat Jumps after every 5
- 20 Cross Body Crunches, with 1 Jump for Height very 4
- 20 Break Dancers, with 4 Plank Shoulder Taps every 5
- 2 x 10 Curls
- 3 x 10 Bent Rows
- 15 x Burpees
- 10 x L/R Banded Side Shuffle (To simplify this move, we use the same bands we use for curls and bent rows, but we loop it under our feet, so we’re standing on it, then pull up to maintain tension while we take 10 steps to the right and 10 to the left).
- 50 x Jumping Jacks
- 50 x Russian Twists
- 50 x Mountain Climbers