I got called a mother fucker during this workout. By my wife. So, draw what conclusions you will.
This one is best on a basketball court, but you could mark a space with cones and get the same effect. We lined up on one sideline and worked back and forth for many of the exercises below. It’s dark these many winter mornings, so we’re confined mainly to spaces with streetlights, and it says something that this was our biggest session (14 people) since the summer.
Here’s how it went:
We always do 15 minutes of warm up. Quarter mile jog followed by dynamic stretching. Don’t neglect this part. This workout starts with sprints. Don’t hurt yourself.
- 5 x Sprint/Back Pedal (During this set, I yelled ‘up’ (a burpee) and ‘down’ (a plank) randomly throughout).
- 3 x Push Up + Long Jump to Opposite Sideline (One set of pushups, then a leap, repeat).
- 5 x Side Shuffle (During this set, I yelled ‘up’ (a burpee) and ‘down’ (a plank) randomly throughout).
- 20 x Mountain Climbers + Long Jump to Opposite Sideline
- 5 x (5 x Squat Jumps + Sprint Out and Back)
- 5 x (10 x Plank Twists + 3 Burpees) – stationary
- 3 x (10 x Prone Franks + 10 x Reverse Lunges) – stationary
- 3 x (40 x Russian Twists + 3 x Walkout) – stationary
- 3 x (10 x Elbow-to-Knee Plank + 10 x Jumping Jacks) – stationary
- Water Tower Run (1/2 mile hill run)