It was almost 50F when we rocked up at Suffer Club this morning. The Sufferers chatted cheerfully without any of the shivery shuffling they do when the start is colder. The light was with us too, enough that we could expand our workout range without worrying too much about tripping over things in the dark.
B planned this one, a quick moving circuit that took in the schoolyard, the playground and two different hills. As I’ve mentioned before, we are topographically blessed.
You’ll need a kettle bell and a medicine ball or slam ball (both ideally). Here’s how it goes:
- 10 x Wall Balls (Stand facing a wall, toss your medicine ball up (high) with both hands, so that it bounces back off the wall for you to catch. As you catch, squat with the weight, and spring back up to toss again).
- 10 x Kettle Bell Drags (Assume a plank position, placing the kettle bell next to one hand. Reach across with the other hand to drag the KB to the outside of the other hand. Repeat).
- 10 x Kettle Bell Swings
- 20 x Elbow-to-Knee Crunches
- Hill Run 1 with 10 x Burpees at the Top
- 10 x Slam Balls (Lift the ball overhead. Throw it down forcefully. If you’re using your medicine ball for this, be careful not to let it bounce back up into your face. If you do end up making this mistake. Please send photos.)
- 20 x Inclined Toe Side Taps (Assume a plank position with your toes elevated on a bench or low wall. Then swing one leg wide and tap your toes on the ground, repeating on the other side).
- 10L/10R x Bulgarian Split Squats
- 20 x Sprinter Sit Ups
- Hill Run 2 with 10 x Sit Ups at the Top