April in New England is a quixotic and chaotic time for weather. You can be sunning yourself on the deck one day and then bundling up, as we did this morning, the next. The mercury sat glumly around 33F and a brisk wind made it colder.
The Sufferers showed up regardless. It’s Earth Day. A bunch of enviro-minded folks stood in the park where we meet, holding signs and watching the sun rise too. We weren’t the only fools.
This is a sneaky, ladder-style workout. You do 1 rep, 2 reps, 3 reps of each of the paired exercises, and then you do 3 reps, 2 reps, 1 rep of each again. The transition between the two movements is its own exercise. If you try to move quickly through all this (we got through at least twice) it’s a pretty challenging workout.
- Push Ups and Sit Ups
- Kettle Bell Swings and Goblet Squats
- Lateral Raises and Leg Lefts
- Superman and Elbow-to-Knee Crunches
- Curls and Bent Rows
- Split Squat Jumps and Squat Jumps
- Burpees and Bicycles
- Speed Skaters and Tuck Jumps
- Triceps Dips and Inclined Push Ups
- Plank Toe Taps and Steam Engines